The team here at Cell crazy tend to get very excited by anything mobile phone related. Mobile phones have changed our lives dramatically over the last two decades. How we communicate with each other has become so much easier and faster and we now have the internet readily available at our fingertips, which for some of us makes online shopping far too easy!
The speed at which they have progressed is phenomenal, who knows what our mobile phones will look like or be capable of in the next 20 years. One thing we are certain of is that we are committed to keeping ahead of the game so we can keep your phones in working order should the worst happen. If something goes wrong from a smashed screen after a wild night out, to a battery draining quicker than your bubble bath you know who to call! Remember we offer a no fix no fee service.
To kick off our new blog section of our website we thought why not share some of crazy facts about the world of mobile phones. We pride ourselves in going that extra mile for our customers, helping you win the pub quiz or family games night with some of our crazy facts is all part of that great service!
- The first mobile phone call was made in on the 3rd April 1973 by American engineer Martin Cooper. Whilst working at Motorola Cooper invented the first handheld cellular mobile phone bringing it to market in 1983.
- The average mobile phone has 18 times more bacteria than a toilet handle, yuck, pass the sanitiser!
- Over 4 billion people worldwide own a mobile phone compared with just 3.5 billion who own a toothbrush!
- Smartphones nowadays have more computing power than the computers used to land the Apollo 11 on the moon in 1969
- Around 95% of mobile phones sold in Japan are waterproof as the Japanese love using their phones everywhere, including in the shower!
- If your phones GPS tracks itself going higher than 60,000ft at a speed of 1,200mph it will automatically deactivate as this means it is most likely being used to guide a missile! Don’t think many of us need worry about that feature being disabled.
- Facebook is the most popular mobile app of all time. Available in 27 languages with 1.74billion monthly active mobile users. Quite impressive when you think 10 years ago apps didn’t exist.
- The first ever text message sent was “Merry Christmas” on December 3rd 1992, it took a few years before the networks could handle SMS and phones improved to handle typing letters rather than dialling numbers. We definitely send more messages than make calls on our phones here at Cell crazy
- 22 Billion Text messages are sent everyday worldwide, not including app-to-app messaging such as WhatsApp and Facebook messenger. More than 60 million messages are sent through these apps daily, that is a lot of talking!
- The Nokia 1100 was the most popular electrical gadget in history selling over 250 million handsets. Who else loved a game of snake and misses two weeks of battery life?